Management of logistics processes can and should be automated. Complex supply chains and customer interactions are not easy to manage without the relevant software. Therefore, the need for logistics applications and their development is always relevant, regardless of the scale of the business and its main tasks.
Let’s look at how to create a logistics application, how much it costs in 2022, and who should be included in the logistics app developers team so that the development is successful and fast.
- What Stages Are Included in Logistics App Development
Firstly, let’s talk about the options each logistics app should have in its essence. Such an application should include basic logistics processes, for example, delivery management, route planning, selection of vehicles or forwarding teams, document management, and analytical functions so that the owner can generate reports and track performance based on application data. Also, for many applications, communication with customers will be an important function. For example, applications for car transportation should allow the client to place an order for the company’s services, track the movement of the truck, and sign contracts.
To make all these necessary functions a reality, modern IT agencies develop logistics applications in several stages. The main ones are the following:
- Research process during which the client actively interacts with the development team. During this stage, the client forms the terms of reference, conducts interviews with the team, and submits his proposals and requirements. For the development team, this stage includes actively collecting information about what the application should be like, what solutions exist in the market among competitors, what technologies will be effective for developing the product, and what risks there are for this application.
2. Development of sketches and concepts. After preliminary preparation, the team develops concepts and ideas, submits its sketches, and coordinates them with the client.
3. Direct development begins at the third stage. This is the practical implementation of the concept by the efforts of UX/UI designers, and front-end and back-end developers, as well as monitoring the implementation of tasks by the project manager.
4. In the fourth stage, preparations are underway for the launch of the application. The finished product is shown to the client, changes are made, and the application is tested by QA specialists to eliminate possible errors.
5. Launching the application is not the end. Responsible developers continue their work even when their product has been successfully launched. This is the longest stage in time, at which the maintenance of the application, its updates and improvements are carried out.
Based on these stages, you can already make a list of specialists needed for app development logistics. This is a team lead, designers, business analysts, front-end and back-end developers, as well as testers.
Please, insert the youtube video here
- How Much Does It Cost to Develop a Logistics App in 2022
One of the most burning questions of clients who need logistics app development services is the development cost. And here you need to clarify a few points:
- Do you need a desktop application, or do you need a solution that will include both desktop development and logistics mobile app development? If you choose the second option, do you need an application for a single platform or a cross-platform solution?
- How quickly do you need the finished product? An out-of-the-box app optimized for you will be cheaper and faster, but custom development always gives the best result.
- Which development team will you choose? All developers prefer to work with hourly rates, but the cost of their services is different. In the US and Western Europe, an hour of work of each specialist costs $100, for Ukrainian and Eastern European developers the rates are much more loyal and amount to about $30 per hour.
Based on the fact that the average development of a logistics application requires 1,000+ hours of work, the cost of the finished product starts at $100,000 when contacting US agencies or $35,000 when working with Eastern European developers.
A high-quality logistics application development product will help you optimize the processes in your company and make the logistics sector efficient. Therefore, if you save on this process, then only in choosing a team. Developers from Eastern Europe will provide high quality but you will save on the cost of their services.